Friday, March 17, 2006

Holmes and Yo! Sushi

I'm deeply indebted to a colleague of mine from Lwholes where I work for finally proving to me that my clear memory of a 1970s TV show about a robot cop and his partner was not an early "trip" brought on by my mother making a literal "corned beef hash".

I've spent the last two months trying to find someone who understood the reference to no avail and as I couldn't remember the name of the show, Google was not my friend.

My (now even more highly esteemed) colleague pulled a rabbit out of the hat (not literally obviously, that would have been another "too trippy" moment) by bursting forth with "YOYO" - slightly too loud for normal conversation between two grown men in a meeting room - but as he didn't spit on me or wave a tongue slightly too large for his mouth at me (unlike some I could mention), I was happy to overlook his enthusiasm on this one occasion.

"Yoyo" was all i needed; Google.... suddenly my friend again. "Yoyo cop show*" unearthed a mass of information.

Sir, I am grateful. You know who you are.
*Does that sound like a dish you'd find on the Yo! Sushi conveyor?... No?... Just me then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home