Thursday, June 08, 2006

"I hope you've not parked outside my house"

So spake the lady who looked like a retired school matron, womens institute president, flog 'em and hang'em, Norman Tebbitt loving high court judge type as I walked up the hill to the station this morning.

She was taking her two dogs for a walk (most likely "walkies" in her household) - I'd like to pretend they were shitzus but they were jack russells, a poor second choice for the retired colonels wife about town

She had watched me drive down the road, turn around and head back up the road out of site, clearly in search of a parking space.

The great thing about the Aygo is it's nippy tiny size and it can park in places the Chelsea tractors (they don't get how vulgar those things are - its generational, eventually those things will become a status symbol no-one wants) can't.

So our Daily Mail reader could not actually see where I had parked and hence her venom filled statement, issued as she paused to allow her dogs to cock their legs against a tree.

Quick as a flash (and hence the gloating reason for this entry) I replied, "Madam, I do not know where you live, but I could imagine my parking outside your house would be almost as annoying as having a neighbour who allows their dogs to shit outside my house" - delivered with my best winning smile. - I hope she has pills for her blood pressure.

She's probably a partner in the law firm where I work. Bugger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home