Thursday, June 15, 2006

Orientation, Sight and Sleepless Nights

I'm doing that thing I do again.

After nearly 38 years on the planet, I'm still addicted to knowledge, because as the saying goes, "knowledge is power"

I know this because I am running on cortizol and adrenalin. The Dilbert-Speak is something about getting sighted on stuff so I can orient myself to synergistically... blah blah blah.

This morning began at 4.06am with the theme from Midnight Cowboy in my head while my upper brain tried to grab at some so far elusive links between a whole bunch of new technologies about which I am genuinely excited, and the desire to deliver knowledge to the fingertips of those who pay my wages.

It may only be a job, but there's also something deeply rewarding going on, which makes getting four hours sleep worth it. People will think I'm insane but I'm on the biggest high since becoming a dad (becoming a dad wins - in case you're wondering)

Sure, some days I could cheerfully burst into tears at the slightest thing, but that's me - extreme highs and unbelieveable lows in equal measure. If you want to come for the ride then you're welcome and it'll be loads of fun, but you ought to know I am a thrill seeking adrenaline junkie, and you'll need a strong stomach.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karoona said...

Ooh aah...safety belts not included?!! Sick bags?!

Will a GSOH, head for heights and general ability to keep up help?!?! Or a virtual crash mat - just in case?!

2:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, how thoroughly modern! Technology doing what it oughta!

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely your final paragraph is quote?

What's the line - something like all writers borrow; great writers steal? It is right. We used to live next door to that T.S Eliot and he never brought back that hedge trimmer I "lent" him.

4:56 pm  
Blogger Furry said...

That last paragraph... I'm not aware of it being a quote. I've reconsidered it many times over the last week or so and I can't place it as a quote buried somewhere in my subconcious.

I've Googled it and funnily enough, it comes up with this post.

7:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be honest I thought it was from another blog I follow where we get a blow by blow of account of one woman's struggle with her 'monthlies'. But I am wrong.

I am getting the cyber version of that thing were all the Dickens characters get muddled up inot the same book.

7:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home